Saturday, December 29, 2007

Life as a Cubs Fan

Any passionate Cubs fan with just more than a few years under their belt will tell you that life as a Cubs fan is not at all easy. You always have that glimmer of hope every spring even though in the back of your mind you have an "uncertain" certainty that they will eventually break your heart when the season is all said and done.

I am going to write about my journey following the Cubs through heartache and near misses over the years. From years of absolute futility in the late 70's to 1984's game 5 meltdown. From 1989's ride into the playoffs to being within 5 outs from the world series in 2003. Tomorrow I'll start out and tell the story of how my somewhat twisted devotion to the Cubs began. Excuse me while, I make sure the medicine cabinet has ample supply of antacids.

No comments:

Will Albert Pujols Be Wearing A Chicago Cubs Jersey in 2012?

lids